11 June 2011

Maclaren Triumph Twin

We just bought the Maclaren Triumph twin stroller http://us.maclarenbaby.com/twin-triumph?lang=en for our lightweight stroller needs, have a wonderful Baby Jogger Summit XC double (will review that later), but wanted something smaller also.  I like this stroller, it seems to be the sturdiest of umbrella strollers we've looked at.  The handlebars are taller (great for my 6'5" hubby) and nice for me, some I even have to slouch over to reach the handlebars. I am only 5'7" so average height for a female I would guess.  The basket is an okay size. It will hold a purse and/or small diaper bag depending on size of bag(s).  It can be hard to reach when the seat is fully reclined. The seats have 2 positions, up and flat (well almost flat). The stroller weighs 23 lbs and will hold up to 110lbs of kiddo. Independent canopy's, they don't cover a whole lot, but it's pretty good for an umbrella stroller.  The buckle's are great!!  Kiddos will have a hard time undoing them which is definitely what you want for a rambunctious toddler.  :-) There are no parent cup holders that come standard on it, but you can purchase one separately which holds bottles and has a few pockets (I don't have this yet). There are 2 pockets on back of  seats and these are great for putting your keys or phone in, anything you need to be able to grab quickly.  When the seat is laid down you can lift up the  top of the seat and it allows air movement to keep baby cool on those HOT days. Which we are definitely have a lot of lately. Overall I really like this stroller.  I would only use it for quick runs into the mall or somewhere where I don't need many diapers etc.  I just grab a few and throw the changing stuff into the basket.  We have also taken this on vacation when we were short on room and couldn't bring the big stroller. It is easy to load in and out. It retails for $260.  I would say it's worth the extra money over the "other" double umbrella strollers that are cheaper, but don't have as nice of features (sturdiness, taller handlebars, etc).  Check this stroller out! I will try and post a picture of mine in action when we get back home from vacation!  (We brought our jogger with us this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment